We are pleased to announce the purchase of 13 Husky retail fuel sites. These sites, located in Winnipeg and Northwestern Ontario allow us to grow our services in existing communities and enable us to expand into new areas.
“We’re so proud to share this announcement today. As a Co-op, we’re focused on investing in our communities and bringing value to our members,” said Doug Wiebe, CEO of Red River Co-op. “Adding these sites to our fuel network signals Red River Co-op’s commitment to growing and serving our community for the long term.”
The retail fuel sites were purchased from Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) as part of its agreement to acquire 171 Husky retail fuel sites from Cenovus Energy Inc., which was announced in November 2021. Red River Co-op will officially take ownership of these sites on Sept.13.
These fuel sites will continue to operate under the Husky brand until they are re-branded as a Co-op. Conversions of these sites will begin in 2023.
Location listing of acquired sites:
- 470 Lakeview Drive (Kenora)
- 1656 Main Street (Winnipeg)
- 1701 Plessis Rd. (Winnipeg)
- 885 Waverley St. (Winnipeg)
- 1401 Hwy. 17 E (Kenora)
- 1025 St. Mary’s Rd. (Winnipeg)
- 1011 Marion St. (Winnipeg)
- 8 Chipman St. (Kenora)
- 80 Keewatin St. (Winnipeg)
- 705 Osborne St. (Winnipeg)
- 1567 Arlington St. (Winnipeg)
- 1844 Portage Ave. (Winnipeg)
- 246 Government St. (Dryden)
- myHusky Rewards members can still earn and redeem points on all applicable transactions at Husky-branded sites
- Husky Gift Cards can still be redeemed at any Husky-branded sites as a form of payment, but can no longer be purchased
- Co-op members will not be able to use their Co-op numbers at these new locations while they are branded as Husky.