Ward Weisensel, President• Serves as Red River’s President
• Served as Red River's Vice-President
• Served as Chair of the Audit Committee
• Served on Red River's Nominating Committee
• Served on Red River's Governance and Compensation Committee
• Has extensive experience in marketing, strategic planning, transportation and communications through his roles as Chief Operating Officer of the Canadian Wheat Board and Senior Vice President of Trading and Risk Management at G3 Canada
• Served as a Director on the Board of the Canadian International Grains Institute and Western Transportation Advisory Committee
• Graduate of the University of Saskatchewan
• Appointed to the Board May, 2009
Glenn Williams, Vice-President
• Serves as Red River’s Vice-President
Kristen Wittman, Secretary• Serves as Red River’s Secretary
• Serves as a member of the Governance & Compensation Committee
• Served as a member of and Chaired the Nominating Committee and Governance & Compensation Committee
• Served as a Community Member of the Community Relations Committee prior to being elected to the Board
• Partner at Taylor McCaffrey LLP, a full-service local law firm
• Represents many cooperatives in Manitoba, including worker co-ops, retail co-ops, and housing co-ops
• Assisted the Cooperatives Registrar in identifying changes to The Cooperatives Act to create multi-stakeholder cooperatives and developing a new Cooperative Model By-law
• Advises Co-ops with learning how to access capital, drafting articles and by-laws and governance matters
• Volunteered for Bookmates Inc., a charity promoting literacy for families, from 1998 to 2015
• Serves as a board member of the Winnipeg Writers Festival since 2015
• Served as President of the Winnipeg International Writers Festival.
• A proponent of the 'one member, one vote' model of cooperatives
• Director of the Board since 2017
Shirley Mayadewi• Professional engineer with diverse experience in customer solution development, project governance, software design, regulatory compliance, audit, and risk management.
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) from University of Manitoba in 2005, Bachelor’s degree in EE from University of Windsor, and currently work at Manitoba Hydro.
• Mentor for Women in Engineering, and have volunteered at schools to promote STEM fields and served as an external examiner for engineering students’ final design projects.
• Founder of a non-profit organization, Winnipeg Career Women, that provides networking and mentorship programs.
• Became a member of the board in 2021
Anna Maria Magnifico• Member of the Audit and Nominations Committees
• Past Chair of the Governance and Compensation Committees
• Past Chair of the Nominations Committee
• Past Red River Board Secretary
• Served on Community Relations Committee
• Experienced executive, board director, entrepreneur, jurist and diplomat
• Former Member of the Manitoba Securities Commission
• Former Manitoba Trade and Investment Representative in Europe
• Lay Bencher, Law Society of Manitoba
• Member/Treasurer, Institute of Corporate Directors, MB Chapter
• Board Director on Safety Services Manitoba, Manitoba Patient Safety Institute, and College of Licensed Practical Nurses
• Public Representative on Quality Patient Safety Committee of CancerCare MB as well as Quality/Vigilance Committee of St. Boniface Hospital
• Past Board Director, CancerCare MB
• Graduate of the Universities of Manitoba, McGill and Amsterdam
• Re-Elected to Red River Board in April 2019; Co-op Member since 2001
Gary Timlick• Serves as a Chair of the Nominations Committee and is a member of the Audit Committee.
• 40 years of financial and management experience in agriculture, manufacturing, retail, public accounting and financial services.
• 20 years of experience with co-op/mutual organizations holding senior management positions.
• Serves as the Chair of the Investment Committee of the Winnipeg Civic Employees' Benefit Plan.
• Member of the CPA Canada Professional Liability Committee.
• Served as a Board Member of numerous for profit and non-profit organizations in Winnipeg and nationally.
• experienced financial executive with leadership experience and business acumen
• Became a member of the Board in 2020.
Donna Zwarich• Member of and Chairs the Audit Committee
• Member of the Nominations Committee
• Served as a member of the Governance & Compensation Committee and Nominations Committee
• Long term member of Red River Co-op since 1968
• Extensive background in accounting – both in the private sector as well as with a public practice firm
• Many years of experience in the petroleum industry – initially as Petroleum Accounting Supervisor for Red River’s gas bars & bulk stations and later assisting my late husband in the management & operation of several Co-op & Tempo gas bars & car washes
• Prior Board experience with Mission Gardens Nursery School
• Became a member of the Board in 2016