From the first smell of coffee brewing in the morning to the last sip with dessert, we know that a good cup of coffee is an important part of your day. Treat yourself to a premium cup of Co-operative coffee from Red River Co-op. Whether it’s grocery store, gas bar or convenience store, Red River Co-op is excited to be brewing up something delicious with their new Co-operative Coffee.
Co-operative coffee is ethically and sustainably sourced and roasted right here in Canada. The 10 varieties are sourced from around the world, Central America, South America, Africa and Asia ranging from light roasts to dark.
Co-operative Coffee is available in bags of whole beans or ground coffee and in compostable pods, so you can choose the best way to prepare your brew at home. Additionally, if you’re in a hurry you can grab the same delicious cup of coffee to go from our gas bars, delis and convenience stores!
Our coffee isn’t co-operative in name only. It's a collaboration between Co-op, our B.C.-based master roaster who perfects the blends and our suppliers from around the world. Working together, we’re providing the beans for you to make a quality cup in your home. Co-op believes in co-operation amongst co-operatives. Our Peruvian organic and fair trade coffees are sourced from the Monte Verde Café Association, a co-operative of about 800 small farms deep in the Amazon, in the Rodriguez de Mendoza province. This co-operative helps farmers improve the quality of the coffee through specialized training on growing and harvesting processes.
Our master roaster is also one of 3,500 ‘Q graders’ in the world. Certified by the Coffee Quality Institute, our roaster selects the best quality beans, looking for factors such as acidity, body, flavour and balance, and roasts them to perfection in small batches.
Co-operative Coffee flavour line-up includes:
• Breakfast Blend: Lightly roasted with low acidity and notes of caramel.
• Columbia Blend: Caramel and apricot aromas, rich wine-like flavour with moderate acidity. It's also available in decaf.
• French Roast: Heavy-bodied and bold in flavour, with smoky aroma and rich taste. It's also available in decaf.
• Espresso Blend: Fine Arabica coffees with balanced sweet flavour and ultra-smooth finish.
• Ethiopia: Fragrant notes of citrus and fresh fruit using Yirgacheffe and natural Sidamo beans.
• Sumatra: Earthy nuances of fresh herbs and cloves create unique flavour profile with mild acidity.
• Costa Rica: Roasted malt and smoky aromas with notes of dark chocolate and nuts.
• Peru: Smoky aroma with dark chocolate and crisp sweetness using fair trade and organic beans.
• Nicaragua: Herbal fragrances and subtle hints of honey and caramel using fair trade and organic beans.
• Rwanda (Limited edition direct trade): Heirloom variety Bourbon Arabica coffee, notes of caramel and a unique toffee-like aftertaste.
• El Salvador (Limited edition direct trade): A lightly roasted coffee exhibiting the tartness of green apple, the sweetness of vanilla and a dusting of cocoa.
However you enjoy your daily cup of joe, there's a Co-operative Coffee for everybody.
Until October 14, 2020, you can enjoy any size cup of Co-operative coffee for only 99 cents!
99 cents promotion is available at all Red River Co-op gas bars and at the Grant Park food store.