When we say local, we mean Manitoban.
Red River Co-op is owned locally by member-owners (like you!). We are operated locally – our head office is located in the Transcona area of Winnipeg (who knew?!)
Red River Co-op’s support of local runs deep, right down to the roots of farms here in our province. It is that time of year when farm fresh and Manitoba grown produce start rolling into bins and on shelves of our food stores. Kale and carrots from Starbuck, broccoli and cucumbers from Saint Francois Xavier, squash and potatoes from Altona… this tasty and healthy list goes on! Find out what’s fresh from Manitoba farms in-store, and take a sneak peek at the map below for an overview of what you will find.
Did you know that all ground beef sold at Red River Co-op food stores is 100% Manitoba raised and made? Yep, you read that right!
We have roasting chickens from Blumenort, sausage and bacon from Winkler, steelhead trout from Warren, Berkshire pork from Winkler, and a brand new product: Bump Beef + Plant blend for those looking for a plant-based protein option. Find these items and so many more in our food stores.
Let’s taste what Manitoba has to offer and support local farmers and producers in the process! Eat Manitoban at Red River Co-op – Manitoba’s truly local food store.
- Greenland Gardens | St Anne, MB | Beefsteak tomatoes, cocktail tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers
- Itzkeriver Farm | Saint Francois Xavier, MB | Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, cucumber, sweet corn
- Fresh Forage | Winnipeg, MB | Microgreens
- Loveday Mushrooms | Winnipeg, MB | Mushrooms
- Schriemers | Otterburne, MB | A wide variety of produce
- Mayfair Farms | Portage La Prairie, MB | A wide variety of vegetables
- Chinese Universal | Winnipeg, MB | A wide variety of produce
- Starlite Farms | Starbuck, MB | Squash, corn, baby potatoes, bunch beets, bunch carrots, dill, kale, green onions
- John Abrams Farm | Altona, MB | Pickling cucumbers, potatoes, squash
- Maple Leaf | Brandon, MB | Fresh pork
- Dunrite | Winnipeg, MB | Fresh & frozen chicken
- Winkler Meats | Winkler, MB | Farmer sausage, bacon, sausage
- East 40 Packers | Brandon, MB | Bacon ends
- Pioneer Meats | Altona, MB | Farmer sausage
- Mr Biltong | Winnipeg, MB | Biltong beef jerky
- Valley Lea Farms | Winkler, MB | Berkshire pork
- Danny's Whole Hog | Stony Mountain, MB | Boxed pulled meats
- Heritage Lane Farms | Blumenort, MB | Whole roasting chickens
- Heartland Sausage | Horndean, MB | Farmer sausage
- Smith's Sausage | Winnipeg, MB | Sausage
- Elman's Foods | Winnipeg, MB | Pickled items
- True North Meats | Carman, MB | Ground beef
- Watersong Farms | Warren, MB | Steelhead trout
- Winnipeg Old Country Sausage | Winnipeg, MB | Wieners, smokies, bologna, sliced meats
- Tenderloin Meat & Sausage | Winnipeg, MB | Garlic sausage
- BUMP Beef + Plant Blend | Winnipeg, MB | Canadian beef blended with prairie plant-based protein products
Red River Co-op has over 600 Manitoba raised, grown and produced products in-store so your options to eat local are plenty!
We are hosting a social media contest to “Show us your local plate!” Snap a photo of the meal you made with Manitoba product from Red River Co-op and post with the hashtag #EatMB and tag @Red River Coop for a chance to win one of three $100 gift cards.