Places For Everyone
At Co-op, we know the importance of community, and are proud to support spaces that bring people together.
For the 10th year, Co-op Community Spaces is helping protect, beautify and improve spaces across Western Canada. In 2024, Co-op will contribute $1 million to support projects that improve or create the spaces where Western Canadians come together. Applications run through Feb. 1 — Mar. 1 2024 (5 p.m. CST)
Since 2015, 175 local projects have been supported with $12.5 million in capital funding.
A Community Spaces donation went to NorWest Co-op in 2022.
About the Program
Projects can apply for between $25,000 and $150,000 in capital funding in three categories: recreation, environmental conservation and urban agriculture.
Who is Eligible for Funding
• Registered charities with valid registration numbers under the Canada Revenue Agency
• Non-profit organizations registered under their provincial government with proof of registration (e.g. letters of incorporation)
• Non-profit organizations working with their municipal government who will accept funding and issue receipts on their behalf
• Community service co-operatives
What criteria must projects meet?
• Be available and accessible for community use
• Align with one of the three funding categories (recreation, environmental conservation or urban agriculture)
• Be completed within two years
• Be a capital project
• Be located in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba
• Provide the opportunity for permanent signage
What projects are ineligible for funding?
• Politically affiliated organizations
• Faith-based projects that are not available to the community
• Those that will have adverse environmental impacts
• Those that are third-party fundraising campaigns